Public Service Broadcasting have just released a new single and DVD release, their first new music since their debut album ‘Inform – Educate – Entertain’ was released in May.
Taken from the album, ‘Night Mail’ – released on 4th November alongside the DVD – it lifts its subject matter from the eponymous film of 1936, a pioneering documentary film produced by the General Post Office and the Royal Mail Group.
Forming the backbone of ‘Inform – Educate – Entertain: The DVD’ are original films, edited by the band and their collaborators, for each track of the album. The DVD features numerous extras, including short films shot on the road with the band, live at Village Underground in London, and in conversation with Time Out at the BFI’s head office, amongst others, plus an insightful audio commentary from J. Willgoose, Esq who talks through the ideas and stories which lie behind each track.
Additionally, having toured with Manic Street Preachers in September and having supported The Rolling Stones at Hyde Park, New Order at Jordrell Bank and with appearances at over 30 festivals during the summer; Public Service Broadcasting are returning to the road on their own. Their headline 19-date UK tour kicks off on Monday 4th November – see the dates below this video for Night Mail.
NOVEMBER UK TOUR 2013:
- 4 Nov – The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen
- 5 Nov – Oran Mor, Glasgow
- 6 Nov – The Picture House, Edinburgh
- 7 Nov – Academy 2, Manchester
- 8 Nov – Warehouse 34, Newcastle
- 9 Nov – The Leadmill, Sheffield
- 11 Nov – Stylus, Leeds
- 12 Nov – Library, Birmingham
- 13 Nov – Rescue Rooms, Nottingham
- 14 Nov – Sugarmill, Stoke on Trent
- 15 Nov – Stiff Kitten, Belfast
- 16 Nov – Button Factory, Dublin
- 18 Nov – Junction, Cambridge
- 20 Nov – The Forum, London
- 21 Nov – Globe, Cardiff
- 25 Nov – East Village Arts Club, Liverpool
- 26 Nov – Anson Rooms, Bristol
- 27 Nov – Concorde 2, Brighton
- 28 Nov – The Brook, Southampton
Public Service Broadcasting are also streaming new track samples and footage of the Netherlands’ Elfsedentocht (