Look we are trying to keep up, there’s loads of great new stuff out there and our expert Shell Zenner has found us ten more great new bands.
1.Money ”â They’ve been known as Books, Youth and Meke Meneke but their latest name changes puts them at Money.. I saw them for the first time recently and was blown away by the tightness and intensity of the three piece who display shades of Joy Division..
I’ve not been able to track down a myspace or any videos but I can confirm they are playing Fuel CafÃÂ© in Withington for Manchester Scenewipe on the 4th March if you want to check them out for yourself.
2. Eagulls ”â A Leeds collective that aren’t afraid to speak their minds and who sound exactly the same in the flesh as on the record, punky, rocking and with a ton of hedonism thrown in for good measure.. You simply won’t be able to look away..
3. Frankie & The Heartstrings ”â The North East is back in de rigeur and these guys are Sunderlands latest offering. With a new single video that evokes memories of Blue Peter, a slew of legendary live shows under their belt and an Edwyn Collins produced debut album ready for release.. they’re not to be missed.
4. Alex Winston ”â The Detroit born multi-instrumentalist is mainstream enough to appeal to the Ellie Goulding generation, but still edgy enough to be seen as eclectic..
5. Jamie Woon ”â The BBC Sound of 2011 poll saw fit to include Jamie at number 4 in their list, and former single Night Air demonstrates why.. it was love at first listen.
6. Cults ”â The Sugary sweet sound of Cults is almost infectious.. I miss New York and bands like this..
7. Plank! ”â Manchester band Plank! Are not afraid to be experimental, there is an Islet vibe about them. But make your own mind up by checking out their debut single Pig Sick/Self Harm which is due for release at the end of the month..
8. Friends ”â There is something raw but so warming to Brooklyn Band Friends forthcoming single Friend Crush
9. Fixers ”â After hearing so much about Fixers I finally got to see them live supporting both Trophywife and Esben & The Witch In Sheffield recently, an energetic band who’s sound speaks volumes.
10. The Crookes ”â Their indie-calypso sound evokes a Smiths feeling and their debut album Chasing After Ghosts is due out very soon but for a little taster: