Following a summer of playing some of the finest UK festivals, Field day, Glastonbury, Latitude, Tim and his band are ready for another UK tour. The dates start in one of Tim’s favourite venues, Bedfords Esquires on September 17th, with dates along the South Coast and up to Scotland before finishing in London at the Islington Assembly Hall on October 21st. Tim and band will be playing songs from Tim’s latest solo album ‘Oh No I Love You’ as well as the tracks from his first solo album and the odd Charlatans classic.
Oh No I Love You was met with critical acclaim; Paul Weller called it “Tim’s magnum opus”. The Times concluded that Tim was “running Damon Albarn close for the title of busiest Britpop alumnus” and The Guardian claimed it was “Burgess at his best”. The singles White and The Doors of Then were A listed on 6 Music and played everywhere from Radio 2 to XFM to Bali FM.
Tim played a sold out shows at The Union Chapel in London, Manchester Cathedral, The Oran Mor and The Royal Northern College of Music. The songs took on their own lease of life and before long enough remixes and alternative versions of the songs were gathered in from Tim‘s friends – enough for a whole album. Oh No I Love You More.
And now Tim and his band prepare for the last set of dates this year. The band play the following venues:
- September 17th Bedford Esquires
- September 18th Falmouth Pavilion
- September 19th Exeter Phoenix
- September 21st Stoke Sugarmill*
- September 22nd Sheffield Queen Social*
- September 25th Edinburgh Pleasance Theatre
- September 26th Inverness Ironworks
- September 27th Shetland Mareel Centre
- September29th Gateshead Sage Hall 2*
- September30th Leeds Brudenell Social*
- October 21st London Islington Assembly Hall
Tickets are available from: www.gigsandtours.com