The Sonny & Cher of oddball punk; The Lovely Eggs have confirmed the title and release date of their fourth self recorded, and self-produced album ‘This Is Our Nowhere’
Released on the band’s own label Egg Records on May 4th (with a special black and white coloured vinyl limited edition release for Record Store Day on April 18th) ‘This Is Our Nowhere’ brings an essential addition to an already impressive discography.
‘This Is Our Nowhere’ (recorded at a disused factory in their home town of Lancaster) cements their reputation as one of the most exciting, innovative and genuine bands on the Great British Underground scene.
Prior to the album they have confirmed the release of the single ‘Magic Onion’ – Released on the Cardiff-based D.I.Y. Flower of Phong label (27th April 2015), in collaboration with artist and video director Casey Raymond (who they met in a dentist’s waiting room), the band made limited edition (500 copies) 7” release on green onion splatter vinyl which is accompanied by a Riso printed handmade book by Casey of psychedelic/ nightmarish proportions that’s guaranteed to peel back yer mind and bring tears to your eyes. B-side to the single sees the Eggs pair up with Sweet Baboo, who accompanies them in an acoustic duet of the song which shows a softer side, but one which is still decidedly pickled!
The band will head out on a 10 date UK tour on March 19th before embarking on another set of UK dates at the start of May. You can also listen to the Lovely Eggs in session on Marc Riley’s BBC6 Music show on Tuesday 21st April.
March tour dates:
- Thursday 19th March: The Continental, Preston
- Friday 20th March: The Trades Club, Hebden Bridge
- Saturday 21st March: Green Room, Stockton-on-Tees
- Sunday 22nd March: Fibbers, York
- Tuesday 24th March: The Lomax, Liverpool
- Wednesday 25th March: The Zephyr Lounge, Leamington Spa
- Thursday 26th March: LP, Bury St Edmunds
- Friday 27th March: The Lexington, London
- Saturday 28th March: Soup Kitchen, Manchester
- Friday 3rd April: Wales Goes Pop Festival, Cardiff
- Friday 17th April: Louisiana, Bristol
- Saturday 18th April: In-store performance at Spillers Records, Cardiff for RSD
- Thursday 30th April: The Brudenell, Leeds
- Friday 1st May: The Adelphi, Hull
- Saturday 2nd May: Pop Klubb @ St Dominics Social Club, Newcastle
- Sunday 3rd May: The Corporation Club, Scarborough
- Monday 4th May: The Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham
- Tuesday 5th May: The Musician, Leicester
- Wednesday 6th May: The Queen’s Arms, Reading
- Thursday 7th May: Jazz Cafe (Official album launch party) London
- Friday 8th May: Westhill Community Hall, Brighton
- Saturday 9th May: Ramsgate Music Hall, Ramsgate