SWANS are to release a remastered vinyl edition of their debut EP on 11 May 2015 ahead of a return to the UK on 20th May for a series of dates that include London’s Roundhouse (from where we’ll be reporting back) which’ll be their biggest headline show to date.
The EP, originally released in 1982 on Labor Records, also features in the definitive deluxe CD edition of Filth, alongside remastered versions of Filth & Body To Body plus live recordings – out now.
Prior to the full UK tour which starts in Bristol on 20 May, Michael Gira will be at Rough Trade West for a signing in the shop at 5.30pm on Monday 18 May. Further details here.
For the London Roundhouse show, Jas Shaw (Simian Mobile Disco) will be presenting the premiere of a set of all new, live analogue synth music. Jas, a longtime Swans fan, had met Michael Gira at a number of festivals over the years and was extremely excited when he got in touch to invite him to open their Roundhouse show.
“The plan is to do something pretty different from a regular SMD show” said Jas “although the music is still being written, I expect it to be pretty much beatless, leaning in an ambient/drone direction. Although there are some interesting things you can do with detuned drum machines…”
Okkyung Lee, the Korean cello improviser and composer – will support on the European dates too, including the London Roundhouse.
Watch Swans perform A Little God In My Hands, live:
Swans European Tour:
- 7 May – Bergen, Norway, USF Verteft
- 8 May – Oslo, Norway, Vulkan
- 9 May – Trondheim, Norway, Blaest
- 11 May – Gothenburg, Sweden, Sticky Fingers
- 12 May – Malmo, Sweden, Babel
- 14 May – Nijmegen, NL, Doorroosje
- 15 May – Dortmund, Germany, FZW
- 16 May – Liege, Belgium, Les Ardents Club
- 17 May – Kortrijk, Belgium, De Kreun
- 20 May – Bristol, Marble Factory
- 21 May – London, The Roundhouse
- 22 May – Liverpool Sound City
- 23 May – Glasgow, Art School
- 24 May – Belfast, Mandela Hall
- 25 May – Dublin, Button Factory
- 29 May – Nimes, France
- 30 May – Barcelona, Spain, Primavera Festival
- 3 July – Gydina, Poland, Open, Er Festival
- 4 July – Reykavik, Iceland, ATP Festival
- 5 July – Berlin, Germany, Volksbühne
- 7 July – Tel Aviv, Israel, Reading 3
- 8 July – Paris, France, Trabendo Club-
- 10 July – Kiev, Ukraine, Sentrum
- 12 July – Skopje, Macadonia, MKC
- 17 July – Ostrava, CZ, Ostrava Festival
- 18 July – Crispendorf, Germany, Chaos Descends Festival
For full tour dates head to Swans Young God Record’s website: younggodrecords.com.