Rumour Cubes, our favourite purveyors of “extraordinary cinematic soundscapes”, created by a “fusion of violin & viola, guitars, electronics and visual media” are FINALLY heading out on tour to the sticks (i.e. not London.) Grab the dates and witness “a little teaser video” they’ve made for the occasion, below.
The tour, ostensibly in support of their cracking 2014 album, Appearance of Collections, which we fell in love with, describing it as “…a luminous re-imagining of very many constituent parts” in our review, is still shorter than we’d like, but at last we’ll finally get a chance to check out what we always suspected … that Rumour Cubes need to be seen live to be seen at their best.
So try to make one of these dates:
- 8th March: The Flapper, Birmingham – with 40 Watt Sun and Sunwolf (solo set)
- 9th March: Le Pub, Newport – with Sam Duckworth
- 11th March: Taribo West at Bar Bloc, Glasgow – with Body Hound
- 12th March: The Cluny 2, Newcastle – with High Tide 15:47, Ten Sticks, and Immy Williams
- 13th March: Fuel Cafe/Bar, Manchester – line-up tbc