As many people will have been made aware during his weather-defying performance at Glastonbury, Robert Plant is set to release his new album in autumn. He’s coupling the release with a handful of UK shows too – full details of which can be found below.
‘lullaby and…The Ceaseless Roar will be Robert Plant’s first album since 2010’s Band of Joy and 2007’s legendary, six-times Grammy Award winning collaboration with Alison Krauss, Raising Sand.
The new album, ‘Lullaby and…..the Ceaseless Roar’, which Plant has recorded in the UK with his new band, the Sensational Space Shifters, will be released on September 8th on Nonesuch / East West Records.
The album is produced by Robert Plant and features eleven new recordings, nine of which are original songs written by Robert Plant with his band, The Sensational Space Shifters, who are:
- Austin Adams: bendirs, djembe, guitars, tehardant, background vocals;
- John Baggott: keyboards, loops, moog bass, piano, tabal, background vocals;
- Juldeh Camara: kologo, ritti, Fulani vocals;
- Billy Fuller: bass, drum programming, omnichord, upright bass;
- Dave Smith: drum set; and
- Liam “Skin” Tyson: banjo, guitar, background vocals and this line up completed a world tour before recording ‘ Lullaby and the Ceaseless Roar’.
Describing the new album, Plant said:
“It’s really a celebratory record, powerful, gritty, African, Trance meets Zep. The whole impetus of my life as a singer has been to be driven by a good brotherhood. I am very lucky to work with The Sensational Space Shifters. They come from exciting areas of contemporary music … I have been around a while and I ask myself, do I have anything to say? Is there a song still inside me? In my heart? I see life and what’s happening to me. Along the trail there are expectations, disappointments, happiness, questions and strong relationships, … and now I’m able to express my feelings through melody, power and trance; together in a kaleidescope of sound, colour and friendship.”
The first single from ‘Lullaby and … the Ceaseless Roar’, Rainbow, is released this summer.
Full tour Dates – All November 2014:
- Sun 9th Newport, Newport Centre
- Mon 10th Bournemouth, O2 Academy
- Wed 12th London, Roundhouse
- Fri 14th Hull, City Hall
- Sat 15th Glasgow, O2 Academy
- Mon 17th Leeds, O2 Academy
- Tue 18th Newcastle, O2 Academy
- Thu 20th Cambridge, Corn Exchange
- Fri 21st Wolves, Civic Hall
- Sun 23rd Belfast, Ulster Hall
- Mon 24th Dublin, Olympia
- Wed 26th Blackpool, Blackpool Tower Ballroom
- Thu 27th Llandudno, Llandudno Venue Cymru Arena
All tickets are priced at £40 (except London which are £55 / £40 and Cambridge, Leeds, Hull, Newcastle and Blackpool are £45/£40) and are already on sale from: gigsandtour.com (0844 811 0051) and Robert Plant’s website: robertplant.com.