Psych-poppers The Lovely Eggs are returning with a new single on 28 October and you get a first listen to Drug Braggin’ here today.
Set for release on psychedelic swirl 7″ vinyl and digital through Egg Records the track takes on the band’s latest pet hate in their inimitable style: drug posers.
The b-side On The Line is another new track recorded using an electronic voice unit following Holly Ross’ diagnosis with a vocal nodule.
The artwork for the single is once again produced by Casey Raymond and traps the viewer within a repeating pattern showing Holly, and David Blackwell suffering the mind-melting effects of hearing one too many drug brags.
Listen to The Lovely Eggs Drug Braggin
The acutely DIY band recently celebrated their 10th anniversary with the re-release of their first three albums on coloured vinyl .
The Lovely Eggs are on tour in October and November:
- 20 October – The Cluny, Newcastle
- 21 October- Arden Road Social Club, Halifax
- 22 October – The Adelphi, Hull
- 23 October – Labour Club, Northampton
- 24 October – The Cellar, Oxford
- 25 October – Sub 89, Reading
- 26 October – The Lexington, London
- 27 October – The Joiners, Southampton
- 28 October – The Exchange, Bristol
- 29 October – The Hairy Dog, Derby
- 4 November – Gorilla, Manchester
- 11 November – Electric Circus, Edinburgh
- 12 November – Broadcast, Glasgow.
You can find more from the band on their website.