Pauline Murray and Robert Blamire’s First Generation Punk Band Penetration Announce First Album For 36 Years!
Exciting news emanating from Penetration HQ – the much loved and hugely respected first generation punk act have announced that they’ll be releasing their first album for 36 long years in early October 2015! For full details simply read on!
Way back in 1979 Penetration – who include key members Pauline Murray (vocals) and Robert Blamire (bass) – decided to split during a tour to promote the album ‘Coming Up For Air’ in 1979. Fans of the band will be aware that the two band members mentioned above reformed the band in 2002 to play live shows, but sadly they appeared reluctant to make an album … until now!
So what do we know about the new album?
- It was funded via a successful Pledge campaign.
- It’ll be titled ‘Resolution’
- It will retain the essential components of Penetration, with subtle references to the band’s previous releases sprinkled throughout.
- It’s been produced by Blamire himself.
- Former Buzzcock John Maher’s drumming will combine with Blamire’s bass to form a strong rhythm section.
- Steve Wallace and Paul Harvey form the “powerful and distinctive” twin guitar attack.
- Pauline Murray will, of course, be providing the “strong and
distinctive voice” which conveys “passionate yet intelligent lyrical subject matter. “
- Original guitarist Fred Purser mixed the album (and provides a guest appearance).
- The artwork has been designed by the legendary Vaughan Oliver, who just happened to be in the same class at school as Murray and Blamire!
- ‘Resolution’ will be promoted with a run of live dates in the early autumn that concludes at The Garage in London on 24th October.
Rest assured as soon as we get music from the album to share we’ll bob it up here, but for now, let’s just languish in this fantastic news.
Penetration can be found online here: loversofoutrage.co.uk. Fans of the band are also advised to join their Facebook group – if, that is, you “do” Facebook – and or Pauline Murray on twitter, @PaulineMurrayX.