Now, whilst we can’t begrudge the band their success in getting the teenagers all steamed up they seem a very odd choice for a world cup song – it could well end up being on a par with their murder of Teenage Kicks and another fine example of the way corporate pop laughs at our culture and then destroys it.
It could be worse though – James Corden is one of the favourites as well…
The current odds are below…
- One Direction – 10/1 … oh dear!
- Peter Kay – 12/1 … a bit more hopeful
- Olly Murs – 14/1 … bring back One Direction!
- Ant And Dec – 16/1 … better off presenting than singing
- James Corden – 16/1 … please god no!
- Arctic Monkeys – 20/1 … great choice but too smart to do it
- Coldplay – 20/1 … bring back One Direction!
- Kasabian – 20/1 … ah this makes sense on so many levels
- Robbie Williams – 20/1 … at least he’s a football fan
- Baddiel and Skinner – 20/1 … good call