This month is turning out to be one of the more exceptional months we can remember for new music for some time, and one of the albums that make it such is the new release by Swedish psych lords Goat. With the release date this Monday coming the label have graced the world a full stream of the album to whet our appetites. Or your appetites anyway, I’ve had it some time of course. They call that a perk of the job I believe, and in this particular case I’d go as far as to say it’s “quite some perk of the job” even. So if you want to check it out in full head on over to NPR Music who are streaming Commune in full through their “First Listen” feature.
Full details about the album can be found on this link, plus the band have a handful of live dates scheduled to support the release later this month which can be found below. And of course, if you know whats what, you’ll make sure you move heaven and earth to get to at least one of them coz rumour has it (and a shedload of reviews, such as this one by our own John Robb) that live they are breathtaking.
- Sep. 19 – Copenhagen, DK – Vega
- Sep. 20 – Tilburg, NL – Incubate
- Sep. 21 – Brussels, BE – Ancienne Belgique
- Sep. 23 – Berlin, DE – Postbahnhof
- Sep. 24 – Munich, DE- Ampere
- Sep. 25 – Paris, FR – Trabendo
- Sep. 27 – Liverpool, UK – Liverpool Psych Festival
- Sep. 28 – Glasgow, UK – SWG3
- Sep. 29 – Newcastle, UK – Northumbria University
- Oct. 01- Brighton, UK – Concorde 2
- Oct. 02- Bristol, UK – Trinity Centre
- Oct. 03 – London, UK – Roundhouse