2014 was a remarkable year for Kate Tempest, a year in which she smashed out of “relatively unknown” territory to become one of the favourites to win the Mercury Prize and to smash into our own album of the year list at no. 15. Now she’s back with a new single (which you can stream below) and UK tour.
With an infectious combination of skill, passion, emotion and raw enthusiasm Tempest, who not only released a smash album last year but also a critically acclaimed print collection of her written work, “Hold Your Own”, returns with a new single titled “Bad Place For A Good Time” which clearly demonstrates just how much potential remains to be tapped.
The single, released through Big Dada Records, is another utter triumph. With production work from Dan Carey which leaves ample room for her voice, and by doing so lifts it up to new heights, the track features a stripped back sound over which Tempest tells us another little story of…
“…a city, of being lost, of watching life from behind glass, of finding something to hang on to, a way forward, hope in amongst indifference.”.
Kate Tempest’s tour, meanwhile, starts on Feb 7th and runs through to the 24th. If you want to see why you should go along and check her out why not have a read of Robert Pegg’s review for us from when she played Manchester’s Deaf Institute last year.
Full tour dates underneath this stream of Bad Place For A Good Time…
Tour Dates w/ Loyle Carner
- Sat 7 Feb – Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth
- Sun 8 Feb – Motion, Bristol
- Tue 10 Feb – Concorde 2, Brighton
- Weds 11 Feb – Rainbow Warehouse, Birmingham
- Thu 12 Feb – Gorilla, Manchester
- Sat 14 Feb – Brudenell Social Club, Leeds
- Sun 15 Feb – Electric Brixton, London
- Tue 17 Feb – Rescue Rooms, Nottingham
- Weds 18 Feb – The Kazimier, Liverpool
- Thu 19 Feb – Fruit, Hull
- Mon 23 Feb – Stereo, Glasgow
- Tue 24 Feb – Bongo Club, Edinburgh