INVADA Record Store Day 2014 Sampler Stream – eight great tracks from four great releases
INVADA Records, the label owned by Portishead & BEAK>’s Geoff Barrow, have put together four brilliant releases for this year’s Record Store Day. They’ve also just dropped a great Soundcloud mix showcasing them all which you can check out below, along with details of all the releases.
You’ll do doubt have your own favourite among the releases Invada are planning to drop this Record Store Day (I know certain sections of Louder Than War are really excited about the possibility of getting their hands on a vinyl edition of Fairhorns Doki Doki Run LP for instance) but perhaps the most eagerly anticipated of the four is a video game soundtrack to the million-plus selling ‘FAR CRY III (BLOOD DRAGON)’.
The soundtrack was composed for the game by Australian Duo POWER GLOVE. Amazingly the pair have clocked up an impressive one and a half million plays on soundcloud despite their remaining relatively anonymous (up till now!) with fans comparing their work to Daft Punk’s ‘TRON’ , Kavinsky, College and Vangelis.
It’s a hypnotic, futuristic ride of which it’s been said it has:
“…a pitch perfect tone that mirrors the games vision of a nostalgia drenched journey into the world of VHS inspired dystopian futures”.
The album is packaged wonderfully too – in typical INVADA “attention to detail” style. The artwork’s designed by legendary cinematic poster artist James White (Blade Runner, Drive, The Thing) and it’ll be released on double neon pink vinyl with heavyweight double gloss sleeve and poster. It’ll also be limited to 1000 copies worldwide.
The other three releases headed out from Invada towers on Record Store Day are:
- The latest mini album, previously only available digitally in Japan, on Yellow Vinyl (500 units Europe only) by shoegaze-punks Ringo Deathstarr (who gave us their personal top 10 albums a year ago),
- French Synth-Wave pioneer College’s ‘Northern Council’ on frosted clear vinyl with 5 limited edition 12″x12″ collectors art prints (1000 units worldwide) and
- Fairhorns (aka Matt Williams of BEAK>) “Doki Doki Run” LP pressed onto “snot green” vinyl with bonus Digipack CD (300 units pressed available worldwide).
Record Store Day takes place on Saturday 19th April, 2014. Now check out the stream below which features tracks from all the above, track list below:
- Power Core – Power Glove
- Sloan’s Assault – Power Glove
- Incident – College
- Northern Council – College
- Chainsaw Morning – Ringo Deathstarr
- Shut Your Eyes – Ringo Deathstarr
- Ragnarok – Fairhorns
- Puking – Fairhorns