Goat announce European tour and headline Liverpool Psych fest
One of the best live bands in the world, and certainly one of the most tripped out, Goat have announced a European tour – this is a must see, with the masked, tribal, psych rockers taking you on a brilliant trip.
Goat have announced their first ever European tour that will take them through 12 cities and finish with a huge show at the famous Roundhouse in London.
The Swedish band’s highly acclaimed debut album World Music in 2012 on Rocket Recordings, become one of the most talked about albums of the year. Described as “a brilliant and intoxicating record” by Clash Music and the BBC urged listeners to “surrender your mind, body and soul to the music of Goat and one of the year’s best albums”. Since then, Goat have wowed fans at many of the great festivals including Glastonbury, Primavera, Roskilde, Flow, Way Out West, ATP and most recently, Coachella.
Their stunning live set was captured at a Glastonbury warm-up show at the Electric Ballroom in London, and was subsequently released as an album called Live Ballroom Ritual which left many journalists citing it as one of the best live albums ever made!
The full tour dates are:
- 19th September – Copenhagen, Vega
- 20th September – Tilburg, Incubate
- 21st September – Brussels, Ancienne Belgique
- 23rd September – Berlin Postbahnhof
- 24th September – Münich, Ampere
- 25th September – Paris,Trabendo
- 27th September – Liverpool Psych Fest (headline slot)
- 28th September – Glasgow, SWG3
- 29th September – Newcastle, Northumbria University
- 1st October – Brighton, Concorde
- 2nd October – Bristol, Trinity Centre
- 3rd October – London Roundhouse
Fellow Rocket Recordings artist, Lay Llamas, whose debut album Ostro is released on 26th May will be supporting Goat on all UK dates.
In other news – Goat will also be appearing at Latitude festival and Eurokeennes in France prior to this forthcoming European tour, where audiences can expect to hear new tracks from their follow-up to World Music.
Goat are currently in the studio putting the final touches to their much-anticipated new album before heading out to bring their unique brand of Tribal Psych to crowds across Europe.
Goat’s Facebook page.
Liverpool pysch fest Facebook page.