Gwenno has been garnering much well deserved praise for her debut album ‘Y Dydd Olaf’ which was originally released on Peski Records last year but has been re-released by Heavenly Recordings. Described as “a blissful kraut-pop record” it was also recently 6 Music’s Album Of The Day and has just been announced as the winner of the Welsh Language Album of the Year at the annual Eisteddfod festival, a celebration of all things Welsh.
We recently ran a fascinating interview with Gwenno about the album, focussing on its inspiration, an obscure 1970s Welsh language sci-fi novel, as well as musical influences such as Anhrefn, Malcolm Neon, Llwybr Llaethog, Datblygu and Ectogram – names Peel listeners back in the 80s will be very familiar with!
Advance tickets are £5 and can be bought here, or you can pay £6 on the door.
For more details visit: parrotmusicbar.co.uk or you can check the following socials:
Gwenno also has these shows upcoming…
- Friday 14th August – CARDIGAN – Caught By The River
- Sunday 6th September – PORTMEIRION – Festival No. 6
…and this so-headline tour with H.Hawkline:
- Thursday 17th September – LEEDS – Brudenell Games Room
- Friday 18th September – GLASGOW – The Hug & Pint
- Saturday 19th September – NEWCASTLE – Think Tank
- Sunday 20th September – MANCHESTER – Soup Kitchen
- Tuesday 22nd September – LONDON – Oslo
- Wednesday 23rd September – BRISTOL – Louisiana
- Thursday 24th September – BRIGHTON – The Basement
- Friday 25th September – CARDIFF – Clwb Ifor Bach
- Saturday 26th September – BIRMINGHAM – Rainbow Club
Check out the track Patriarchaeth by Gwenno Saunders below…