The next release on Louder Than War Records, Fawn Spots unveil the video for their new single on
The single is called Spanish Glass and will be out in September.
Watch the video now…
Hailing from York, this noisy powerpop duo are landing on publications faster than people can get a word out for them. Delivering hyperactive, effects drenched pop-ditties with the fever of the early SST bands, their often dramatic, always entertaining and ridiculously energetic live show is a must for fans of early college rock, eighties American punk and the lo-fi/noise resurgence of recent times.
Growing tired of the insular ego based focus of the local music scene, Fawn Spots formed a collective putting on their own shows in a Victorian basement of an art gallery with tremendous results. Each night includes a record stall, cakes for sale and project movies; definitely a committed bunch if nothing else, and planners of a pretty good evening too by the sounds of it!
Set for release on the 20th August, Spanish Glass, features two tracks, the title track on side A and “From Pierce’ on the B side. Limited to just 300 copies on 7 inch black vinyl, and packaged in a sharp brown card “house” sleeve with a full-colour insert you should get it on pre-order from our web shop whilst you can!
Catch them live to get well and truly bitten by the infectious Fawn Spots bug.
- 8 August ”Nation of Shopkeepers Leeds, UK
- 17-19 August ”Beacons Festival ” Skipton, UK
- 24 August ”Green Door Store Brighton, UK
- 25 August ”Secret Location London, UK
- 26 August ”British Wildlife Alldayer @ The Packhorse ” Leeds, UK
- 14 September ”Den Eglantier Antwerp, BE
- 16 September ”Incubate Festival Tilburg, NL
- 17 September ”The Loch Enschede, NL
- 27 September ”Stereo York, UK
- 23 October ”Brudenell Social Club Leeds, UK
- 25 November ”Stereo York, UK