Not content with one list of 50 new bands for you to check out for 2011, we have only found you another 50. Well Shell Zenner has and she should know her show on Salford Radio is one of the best sources for up and coming bands in the UK. Tune in Thursdays at 9pm and Sundays at 5pm on 94.4fm or www.salfordcityradio.org or listen again on our website – click on listen again on either theÃÂ ThursdayÃÂ show or theÃÂ SundayÃÂ show. My shows also air on WXLV Radio In Philadelphia, USA twice a week.
Following on from the LOUDER THAN WAR top 50 new band tips for 2011 (which are fantastic in their own right) I thought I’d add a few more into the mix from the local, national and international arenas!
Some would probably not be seen as new to musical stalwarts such as myself, but these are bands that really should be heard and that I believe will make waves in 2011 on the indie and/or commercial music scenes.
If you like what you read or you’d like to hear more of the best music, you can tune into Salford City Radio 94.4fm twice a week ”â Thursday at 9pm and Sunday at 5pm to find out what I’ll be spinning next or who I’ll be chatting to..
50 more great bands for you to listen to in 2011, In no particular order:
1.Slow Motion Shoes ”â If you thought pop was all Kylie then you were wrong, the chilled and ambient dream pop from these guys is well worth the listen. www.myspace.com/slowmotionshoes
2. Brown Brogues ”â Their raw energetic low fi drawl is bound to get many fans in a tizz this year
3. Young British Artists ”â The Manchester based four piece revel in distorted vocals, frenetic percussion and tons of feedback www.myspace.com/youngbritishartists
4. Spectrals ”â Their sweet hazy summery indie pop sounds are a must for 2011
5. Rodeo Massacre ”â 60’s garage has been making a bit of a resurgence of late, and these guys are bang on trend
6. Boy & Bear ”â One part Fleet Foxes and one part Local Natives. Sublime. www.myspace.com/boyandbearmusic
7. Esben & The Witch ”â Dark and intensely captivating pop that’s not to be missed.. www.myspace.com/esbenandthewitch
8. Doyle & The Fourfathers ”â It takes a strong band to include brass in their line up, and these guys are the living proof that it works www.myspace.com/doyleandthefourfathers
9. Chapel Club ”â It’s been a long time coming but their dark indie tunes of love and loss will soon hit the shelves in the form of debut album ”ËPalace’
10. Little Comets ”â The Geordie indie scamps release their debut shortly and play an elaborate live show with their well know washing line full of percussive instruments
11. The Joy Formidable ”â The grunge rockers will be a sure fire hit when debut album A Big Road is released this month
12. Flashguns ”â No airs, no graces.. good old quality indie music from this talented threesome
13. Porcelain Raft ”â Like a blissed out daydream, this one man band shows how its done
14. Trophy Wife ”â Stunning rhythmic electro-pop with layers of shimmery vocals
15. Patterns ”â The Breathless and minimal considered sounds from Patterns Is what makes them so special.
Free EP download available here: http://www.pullyourselftogetherzine.co.uk/pyt-records
16. With That Knife ”â A post punk and electronica mash up that gets under your skin in seconds.
17. The Lysergic Suite ”â The gusto and swagger of Kasabian with the dark brooding guitar dirge of BRMC. Compelling
18. Blind Atlas ”â With sounds of americana and stomping blues rock, these guys have it all..
19. Veronica Falls ”â Part shoegaze, part pop, the gothic sound of Veronica Falls is infectious..
20. Ringo Deathstarr ”â Aswell as one of the best band names around they offer My Bloody Valentine-esque volume and a woozy ambience
21. Miles Kane ”â The less well known half of Last Shadow Puppets sets a pace with his energetic psyche-rock sounds..
22. Smoke Fairies ”â Described by Mojo as dark lustful blues-folk, and who am I to argue?
23. Wolf People ”â Progressive blues folk rock and they’re not afraid to play a flute..
24. Fiction ”â A London four piece with a sound of eclectic electro indie-pop
25. Chief ”â A taste of romantic indie-folk with stunning melodies..
30. Tamryn ”â Tamryn’s ethereal vocals, distorted guitar and tons of reverb, amazing.
31. Two Wounded Birds ”â Some of the best beach surf rock around..
32. Black Dove Experiment ”â This alt rock outfit offer tunes packed full of synths, guitars and industrial beats
33. Dutch Uncles ”â Eclectic Indie-pop offering jittery guitars and dreamy vocals
34. Airship ”â Soaring no mess indie rock that’s bang on the mainstream
35. The Suns ”â Advocates of surf garage rock with Intricate musicianship and endearing vocals
36. Milk Maid ”â Channelling pop and on trend low-fi vibes..
37. Weird Era ”â Their dreamy and reverbed shoegaze works on a number of levels
38. Suzuki/Method ”â They produced my favourite EP of 2010 with their no-mess indie-pop electro soundclash explosion..
39. Boxer Rebellion ”â Not technically new, but if there is any justice in the world 2011 will be the year of their energetic brand of alternative indie-rock. Love.
40. Islet ”â Their fragmented and experimental sound is not afraid to break boundaries..
41. Golden Glow ”âA light and airy pop-shoegaze treat that fizzes with excitement
42. Beat The Radar ”â No nonsense indie rock worn with its heart on its sleeve..
43. Travelling Band ”â Whilst their sound varies from psychadelia, through folk and blues to country, the one guarantee is that it will be pretty.
44. Run Toto Run ”â Sugary sweet vocals overlaying experimental electronic disco pop
45. Daystar ”â An Uplifting and melodic example of classic no mess indie rock
46. Sad Day For Puppets ”â Their shoegazey indie-pop sound is reminiscent of a modern day hybrid of C86 and Lush
47. The Screening ”â The Leicester four piece offer anthemic and uplifting indie rock..
48. Arcadian Kicks ”â Their Mike Chapman produced debut album offers influences as wide ranging as Fleetwood Mac and Blondie. Raw, energetic , real.
49. May 68– Disco is back and Manchester electro outfit May 68 are at the forefront of its return..
50. The Lines ”â If 2011 heralds the return of guitar music, then these guys will be perfectly placed to take up the mantle of one of the best new guitar bands