Do you ever get these tedious cold calls trying to sell you insurance scams? Here’s how to deal with them.
Any more suggestions then please comment below
Are you are bored of the endless calls, and the caller’s rudeness.
Every day you get one. The crackling line and the script read off a piece of paper.
This evening someone rang up from the ‘Ministry Of Justice in the United Kingdom’ trying to help pay off my mortgage – I don’t even have a mortgage. I then politely told them we don’t actually have a ‘Ministry Of Justice’ in the UK and their odd relpy was ‘don’t shit me, you bullshit, bullshit’, and then they hung up.
I wonder if that swearing was written on a cue card like the rest of their spiel or if it was some sort of new sales line.
Baffled by their rather odd and somewhat sales technique I then decided it was time to have some fun with them and there are plenty of opportunities for this since they ring every day.
Maybe try one of these methods to get them off your trail:
1. Recently someone successfully invoiced the cold call people Â£10 for every minute of his time they wasted. They ignored him at first but he took them to small claims court and won the case…this is the way forward!
2. Another new way of dealing with them is to answer all their questions for double glazing or whatever other rubbish they are selling, invite them round and when they arrive tell them you have no interest in what they are doing and can they stop wasting your time..
3. Pretend you are a cop investigating a murder like in the clip below
4. Scream very loudly down the phone
5. Tell them you are a dog and that you want to go for a walk- the following confused silence is worth everything.
6. Just leave the phone off the hook and go back to what you were doing
7. Leave the phone of the hook and put Captain Beefheart’s classic ‘Trout Mask Replica’ on really loud. You get to bask in musical genius and they get their brain tied up in knots.
7. Ask them the meaning of life.
8. Say yes to everything they ask and answer every question really enthusiastically.
9. Ask them for drugs
10. Speak to them in a dalek voice
11. One caller asked for my name to be spelled out… slowly and laboriously… letter by letter… I gave it to them… Mr. S… T…. I… N…. K… C… O… C…. K and then got them to read it back.
12. When they are offering to loan you money ask them if you can borrow a couple of million pounds.