Mumdance Celebrates A Year On Rinse FM By Sharing Streams / Downloads Of Every Show
Mumdance, one of the UK’s most eclectic and talented electronic music producers, is celebrating a year of broadcasting at pioneering radio station Rinse FM by making all his shows available to stream and / or download for free via Soundcloud. Go grab em while they’re hot! (Or just do so below!)
Mumdance has always been commitment to bringing different sounds and cultures together, an ethos his last.fm biography tells us “…runs at the very core of everything he turns his hand to.” You literally never know what you are going to hear next.
So it comes as no surprise to learn that he used to be as loyal a listener to John Peel as we at Louder Than War all used to be.
In his own words here’s what he has to say about his show – and the influence Peel had on him…
“I’ve been doing cover shows on Rinse FM since late 2013, but was given an official slot in August 2014. Since then I’ve really been working hard to build a culture around what I’m doing, making sure I have the freshest exclusive dubs and making sure I highlight some of the most interesting music from around the world.
“I grew up religiously listening to John Peel and he has not only been hugely influential on shaping my music tastes, but is also a big influence on how I conduct my radio show. I wanted my show to conjure both a mood and a narrative and I’ve tried my best to incorporate dynamics and contrast; playing music for the dance floor, but also music to make you think.
“More than anything, radio has always been a big part of my life and its been a pleasure to build my own little corner of it. I hope this is the first anniversary of many.”
Mumdance’s Rinse FM show is on the second Monday of the month: 01:00 – 03:00.
Go listen to some of his shows / or download them to listen offline, at Soundcloud, or just cop an earful here…
- 21 Aug – Lowlands Festival – Amsterdam
- 04 Sep – Electrosanne Festival – Lausanne
- 05 Sep – Outlook Festival
- 10 Sep – Hopscotch Festival – Raleigh
- 11 Sep – The Works – Detroit
- 12 Sep – Grinnell College – Grinnell
- 17 Sep – Symbiosis Gathering Festival – Oakdale
- 18 Sep – Warehouse Party w/ Fine Time LA – Los Angeles
- 19 Sep – Rifflandia Festival – Victoria
- 22 Sep – Cervantes – Denver
- 23 Sep – Beauty Bar – Dallas
- 25 Sep – Oberlin University – Oberlin
- 26 Sep – Mint Gallery – Columbus
- 01 Oct – Newspeak – Montreal
- 02 Oct – Basement Movement Loft Party – Boston
- 03 Oct – Trans Pecos – New York
- 08 Oct – F8 – San Francisco
- 09 Oct – Venue TBA – Vancouver
- 10 Oct – VIA CHI Warehouse Party – Chicago
- 15 Oct – O2 Academy – Birmingham
- 15 Oct – O2 Academy – Glasgow
- 16 Oct – O2 Academy – Manchester
- 16 Oct – Recon Festival – Leeds
- 16 Oct – Warehouse Project – Manchester
- 17 Oct – Alexandra Palace – London
- 22 Oct – FWD – Dance Tunnel – London
- 24 Oct – Button Factory – Dublin